glued laminated timber
Natural timber is processed so as to remove from it elements weakening its endurance (knots, resinous blisters). In this way we receive large spread carrier systems which allow building unlimited long and wide rooms without supports. timber processed in that manner can replace solid timber.
Advantages for you resulting from using glued timber in your house:
- The stability of construction,
- The enlarged endurance and the stiffness of the vault,
- The free choice of shapes (girders: trapezoidal arched, pitched, curvilinear or wavy girders),
- The lack of cracks and twists,
- The smoothness of the surface,
- Fire resistance (thanks to planed surface and chamfered edges),
- The possibility of colouring, waxing or glazing.